Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chili Garlic Sauce

                      Chili Garlic Sauce- One of my favorite condiments.

Chili Garlic Sauce
I found this over at Viet World Kitchen-Blog
This is a staple in my kitchen. And this recipe is perfect. I have always used prepared sauce, in many of my favorite recipes. It's great to finally find, a really good recipe, for homemade. I also add a little water and use it as a dipping sauce for Naan bread. I'll post a photo when the chilies ripen in the garden.


Lili’s Cooked Chili Garlic Sauce

12 red, ripe jalapenos-diced
3Tbl. minced garlic
1-½ tsp. salt
4- 1/2 Tbl. sugar
4- 1/2 Tbl. white vinegar

Add all ingredients to a blender.
Pulse several times to chop, but not puree.
Transfer to a small saucepan and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the moisture has evaporated, and you have a thick sauce.
Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator. Makes 1/2 cup.

Simmer on the lowest heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens


No comments:

Post a Comment