Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Broccoli and Cheese Casserole

                                    Broccoli  and Cheese Casserole
When I was younger, I really didn't care for broccoli.
One holiday someone brought this dish.
Trying to be polite, I took a small amount, knowing I would have to attempt to stifle the yuck face.
To my surprise, I discovered not only a new beloved dish, but also that I really love broccoli!
This is now a Holiday staple. It also goes great with fried or baked chicken.

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen chopped broccoli or 2 large heads fresh- chopped
1 very small onion diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 lb. velveeta type cheese cubed
2cups instant rice
2cups milk
1/2 stick of softened margarine

Directions:
Cook broccoli in a little water until tender, drain
Place in a large casserole dish. add all other ingredients, mix well. and bake at 350* stirring once or twice as cheese is melting, until the top begins to turn slightly brown.
serve as a side dish.

                                           Bake until lightly browned

No comments:

Post a Comment