Friday, August 10, 2012

Scented Bath Salts

                                              Scented Bath Salts
My all time favorite bath product. This soak makes your skin and hair, silky soft, and removes any sticky buildup from using hair products. I use 1/2 to 1 cup, once or twice a week, it can dry your skin if you use it too often. Table salt does have an anti-caking agent added to it, but sea salt is derived from sea water, with no added ingredients. Real soap (the handmade kind, not the detergent-laden soap you buy at the store) is actually salt. It comes from a chemical reaction when combining fats (like olive oil) and lye. (sodium hydroxide) Once I started to use the real thing, (about 3 years ago) I'll never go back to soap from the store.

Ingredients:
1 cup Epsom salt
1/2 cup sea salt or un-iodized table salt
1/4cup baking soda
10 drops of food coloring
1tsp. skin safe fragrance oil- I get my oils from Natures Garden and Daystar supplies

Preparation:
Combine the Epsom salt, sea salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
Drop in the food coloring, and work it through with your fingers, until well blended.
Add the fragrance oil and work through the same way. It's ready to use, but I prefer to wait a day or two, before using. Store in an air-tight container or a storage bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment