Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Slow Roasted Chicken on Grilled, Herbed Sourdough with Creamy Basil Sauce


Slow Roasted Chicken on Grilled, Herbed Sourdough with Creamy Basil Sauce..Jeez, that's a mouthful... I'll bet it would look better in French... 
Lente Poulet rôti aux herbes sur Sourdough grillé avec sauce au basilic crémeuse...Mmhm, Just what I thought, everything looks better in French.

 I feel a bit silly, giving instructions for building a sandwich. But, I've taught a lot of people how to cook, over the years, and try to write every recipe, as if  I were addressing a beginner cook. (I start teaching them around 7 or 8 years old.) I'm always afraid that It may seem condescending.  So I'll throw in a few, xoxoxo and a big :D.....there, aaallll better! Seriously though, I just think this is an awesome sandwich. This is the only reason I slow roast a chicken. It reminds me of those rotisserie chickens sold at the market.

 Ingredients:
Slow roasted chicken or Rotisserie chicken
2 Slices  Soft Sourdough bread
1 or 2 slices of your favorite cheese (Provolone and Muenster are great with this)
2 Slices tomato
2 slices crisp bacon

Parmesan Garlic Spread:
2Tbl. butter-softened
1Tbl. Parmesan cheese
1tsp. garlic powder
1tsp. dried parsley
1/4tsp. basil.
Combine. Use at room temperature.

Creamy Basil Sauce:
1/2cup yogurt
1/4cup honey mustard salad dressing- or-  Homemade honey mustard salad dressing
1Tbl. Parmesan cheese
1tsp. basil
1/4tsp. garlic powder
1/4tsp. salt
1/4tsp. sugar
Combine and chill.

Preparation:
Spread Parmesan garlic spread onto one side of each bread slice. Place spread side down, on a warm griddle.
 Top one slice with chicken and one slice with cheese. Leave open faced for now. Grill until lightly browned, and the cheese has melted. (As if you were making a grilled cheese sandwich.)
Place the open faced sandwich on a plate.
Spread the cheese slice with creamy basil sauce.
Top the chicken slice with bacon and tomato.
Flip the cheese slice onto the chicken slice. Serve.


                                          Creamy Basil Sauce

                                        Parmesan Garlic Spread

           I baked the sourdough bread in a loaf pan, for sandwich slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment