Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Black Beans with Chorizo, Bacon and Dates

                         Black Beans with Chorizo, Bacon and Dates


I love Camel- back poppers, I always thought the chorizo, bacon and date combination would be great in other dishes.
I decided to try two ideas, this week, that have been rolling around in my head. ( The loose screws and marbles fell out, a long time ago:)
Black Beans are the #18 best antioxidant , Red beans are #1  (wouldn't ya know it, why couldn't it be chocolate) They don't just have that going for them either. Nutritional value-1cup black beans.
Not that I'm in any way, insinuating this is a healthy dish. The bacon, alone, takes care of that. But, anytime I can add beans to a meal, with all those nutrients, I consider it a good thing.
This is sort of a different take on baked beans. I really liked it.
The other dish was even better- Zucchini stuffed with chorizo,bacon and dates.

Ingredients:

1/2lb. bacon chopped
1/2lb. chorizo or sweet Italian sausage
3/4cup chopped dates
1cup water
2 cans black beans-drained and rinsed
1Tbl ketchup
1tsp. dehydrated minced onion

Preparation:
In a heavy bottom pan.
Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain and set aside.
Fry and chop the chorizo until cooked through.
Add the bacon back to the pan, along with all other ingredients.
Simmer about 5 minutes, or until most of the water has evaporated.
Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment