Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Louisiana Fried Pickles- Why not?

 
               Louisiana fried pickles with Shrimp Creole Gumbo and Beignets

Those folks down Bayou way, aren't afraid to fry anything!
Curiosity got the best of me, I had to try these with Gumbo.
I just couldn't help giggling while I was preparing these. I just knew they were going to be awful.
Boy was I ever wrong, these are great! ya gotta try 'em. 


Ingredients:
one 16 oz. jar of dill pickle slices
1/4 cup buttermilk with 1/2 tsp hot sauce added to it
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 tsp. Old bay seasoning
1/4 tsp. cayenne

You will also need:
gallon storage bag
oil for frying
  
Preparation:
Drain the pickles and add them to the buttermilk.
Add The flour, cornmeal, and seasonings to the bag and shake to combine.
Add the pickles a few at a time and shake to coat. set aside.
Heat the oil and deep fry them until golden and crispy.
Serve warm with ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment