Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Boston Cream Minicakes

                                        Boston Cream Minicakes
It worked! I tried this method to make eclair shells... what a disaster
Update: the glaze that I used, did eventually dissolve where it came in contact with the pastry cream, so you might want to try a different glaze. Maybe I'll try to drizzle melted chocolate next time.

Ingredients:
1 recipe- Yellow cake batter
1 recipe- Pastry cream
1 recipe- Cocoa chocolate glaze
Pre-heat oven to 350*
Spray the donut pans with cooking spray

                               I'm breaking in my new donut pan.

                   For the mini cakes I filled the cavities almost to the top.

Bake about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.Cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan.

                                      Cool completely on a wire rack.

                          Fill with Pastry cream and spoon on the glaze.





No comments:

Post a Comment