Thursday, April 12, 2012

French Onion Burgers

                                               French Onion Burger
There is a tiny little restaurant in my town, Maid Rite that has been around since 1926 .
I've seen a lot lot of restaurants come and go, but this one's still around and busy as ever . Their claim to fame is loose meat sandwiches, Served on slices of sandwich bread.
 The Maid Rite Sandwich Shop, when I was a little girl, I though this was a houseboat, LOL.

This is a really good loose meat sandwich recipe ( Not Maid Rite's recipe) that even the kids love. Quick and easy too.

Ingredients:
2lbs. ground chuck
1 can of french onion soup

 Preparation:
Brown and chop the the beef
Drain the fat and return it to the pan, add the soup and simmer until the soup has nearly evaporated.
Serve on white bread slices or buns.
Another variation I have used is to add a 4oz. can of mushrooms- chopped, and top it with a slice of Swiss cheese.

 I use an old wire potato masher to chop the beef, It breaks it up into very fine pieces, The waffle shaped ones don't work well, but these accordion folded ones are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment