Thursday, March 15, 2012

Salisbury Hash

                                                 Salisbury Hash

You know how it is. You have a meal planned, then unexpectedly you have extra guests for dinner, but not enough ingredients to feed everyone. That's how this dish made it's debut. Several years ago, I was planning on Salisbury steak for my family, and there just wasn't enough to feed extra mouths, unless I thawed something in the microwave. (Which I prefer not to do, yuck) So I doubled the amount of mashed potatoes I was making, and combined the cooked ground beef and corn, a little extra gravy. Voila. Enough to feed eight. But the funny thing is, everyone preferred it this way. So this is how I make it now.


2lbs ground chuck - browned and chopped
1-1/2cups frozen corn
3 envelopes brown gravy mix
2cups cold water
 Combine all ingredients. Cook until the gravy thickens. Serve over mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment