Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thai Coconut Chicken Curry

                                  Thai coconut chicken curry- with zucchini
 I found another use for the mountain of zucchini Paul has been harvesting

My husband introduced me to this dish.
Paul takes great pride in creating food that's too hot for anyone else to eat.
You should see the devilish grin he gets, like a proud Papa.
In his search to inflict culinary agony, He occasionally discovers something, even my less developed palate can handle.
I love the complex combination of spices in green curry paste: chilies, garlic, lemongrass, ginger, curry leaves and Kaffir lime leaves.
I'm posting the recipe as I usually make it (minus the zucchini)
This is only mildly hot, great dish. Fast and easy too.

Ingredients:
14oz. can of coconut milk
4Tbl. green curry paste
3-4 boneless chicken breast- cut into bite sized pieces
4Tbl. fish sauce
2Tbl. brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth with 1tbl. cornstarch dissolved in it
4-6 cups cooked rice-jasmine rice is best.
1 cup frozen peas
a can of bamboo shoots- drained

Preparation:
In a 4quart pan, add the coconut milk and curry paste. Simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in all other ingredients, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Mix the rice into the curry and serve.

You can find coconut milk, green curry paste, and fish sauce in the Asian section of your grocer.

No comments:

Post a Comment