There was an error in this gadget

Friday, November 23, 2012

Roast a Perfect Turkey at 200*F. Overnight

Well, looks like I ran out of storage on blogger. I'll still post here, without photos, but I'm moving http://mygingerbreadmen.wordpress.com/  
Where my photo tutorials can be visible.

I started using Reynolds oven bags, for my turkeys, not long after they appeared, on the grocer's shelves. I was hooked immediately. Tender, juicy, and flavorful, the best roasted turkey, I ever tasted. There is no need for seasonings, or butter. Just stuff it, and pop it in a bag. If that wasn't enough, to sell me, I also wound up with a lot more, of turkey's rich broth, still in the bag, to make, The Best, noodles, and gravy.
Then, about 10 years ago, a friend told me, she bakes her turkeys at 200*F. overnight, and wakes in the morning, to a fully cooked turkey. I was a bit skeptical, at first, but I crossed my finger's, and gave it a try. Perfect!
Plus at that temperature, you don't have to worry about it burning, it could probably stay in the oven, for several more hours.
Now I have plenty of room, to bake the ham, breads, and sides, and have dinner ready before noon.
If you're like me, and cook for a humongous family. This is a life-saver! After I have been baking, all week, I'm ready to get this over with.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Anne of Recipesup.com, on our website you can promote your blog win prizes and cash. I invite you to go and take a look. Your blog will be in the top rank of Recipesup blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I saw your blog and thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite you to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    best regards

    Ania, TastyQuery.com

    ReplyDelete