Friday, November 23, 2012

Roast a Perfect Turkey at 200*F. Overnight

Well, looks like I ran out of storage on blogger. I'll still post here, without photos, but I'm moving http://mygingerbreadmen.wordpress.com/  
Where my photo tutorials can be visible.

I started using Reynolds oven bags, for my turkeys, not long after they appeared, on the grocer's shelves. I was hooked immediately. Tender, juicy, and flavorful, the best roasted turkey, I ever tasted. There is no need for seasonings, or butter. Just stuff it, and pop it in a bag. If that wasn't enough, to sell me, I also wound up with a lot more, of turkey's rich broth, still in the bag, to make, The Best, noodles, and gravy.
Then, about 10 years ago, a friend told me, she bakes her turkeys at 200*F. overnight, and wakes in the morning, to a fully cooked turkey. I was a bit skeptical, at first, but I crossed my finger's, and gave it a try. Perfect!
Plus at that temperature, you don't have to worry about it burning, it could probably stay in the oven, for several more hours.
Now I have plenty of room, to bake the ham, breads, and sides, and have dinner ready before noon.
If you're like me, and cook for a humongous family. This is a life-saver! After I have been baking, all week, I'm ready to get this over with.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Anne of Recipesup.com, on our website you can promote your blog win prizes and cash. I invite you to go and take a look. Your blog will be in the top rank of Recipesup blogs.

    ReplyDelete